With the recent accelerated shift to remote workplaces and digital operations, businesses need a solid IT modernisation strategy to handle their increased reliance on digital infrastructure.
IT leaders potentially face a bumpy ride in ensuring a smooth transition and encouraging employee adoption. Without a governance strategy, they’re also likelier to experience sprawl and an increased workload for IT teams.
Luckily, with the right tools, digital transformation can become frictionless and more effective.
Companies like Microsoft have stepped up to the plate, implementing new Microsoft 365 capabilities.
Microsoft 365 is a Cloud-based productivity package that includes a range of applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, among others. It offers a range of features and tools that can be used to drive digital transformation in organisations. Here are some ways that Microsoft 365 can play a role in digital transformation:
- Collaboration: Office 365 enables employees to work collaboratively on documents and projects, regardless of location. This enhances productivity and helps to break down silos within the organisation.
- Cloud storage: Office 365 provides Cloud storage through OneDrive, enabling employees to store and share files securely. This eliminates the need for local storage and allows easy access to files from any device.
- Mobile productivity: Office 365 is optimised for mobile devices, meaning employees can access their files and collaborate on projects anytime.
- Communication: Office 365 includes tools like Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams, enabling employees to communicate and collaborate in real time. This improves communication and reduces delays in decision-making.
- Data analysis: Office 365 includes powerful tools like Power BI, enabling employees to analyse data and make data-driven decisions. This can help organisations to identify trends and opportunities for growth.
- Automation: Office 365 includes tools like Microsoft Flow and PowerApps, enabling employees to automate repetitive tasks and processes. This can save time and improve efficiency within the organisation.
SharePoint document management system has the capability to transform the company and create a centralised access point digitally. It increases productivity and visibility for the employees across the verticals. SharePoint can help organisations secure content sharing and manage the content workflow collaboration features.
How does SharePoint help transform your organisation into a digital place?
- Eliminate Document Disorder.
It is stated that around 32% of the employees don’t share the documents with their colleagues because it is difficult to find them. Even the organisations that have switched to digital documents face issues in document management. This is because digital transformation is not only about converting the documents into digital, but it’s also about bringing a centralised solution.
- Prevent Scattered Document Workflow. When an organisation enters digital transformation, there are always some workflows that are difficult to unify. For this, dedicated systems like SharePoint are used. With the help of SharePoint’s pre-built set of workflows, you can have a document-centric process. SharePoint enables workflows like Signature Collection and Feedback Collection to involve peers without meeting them personally.
- Breaking Document Storage. Decentralised content storage is a challenge for the organisation that wants to create a unified digital environment. If the paper documents continue to circulate, and employees continue to use their file-sharing services in the organisation, there is no guarantee against confusion. Therefore, using a centralised Sharepoint DMS (document management system), the SharePoint development services providers can ensure a single classified repository for all the content. This can help you arrange the documents according to the employees’ roles and business processes.
- Maintain the Digital Culture. SharePoint is one of the most popular tried and tested systems in the market for around 20 years now. It is well-adapted to various collaboration scenarios and different enterprise environments of all sizes. You can change your employees’ working style and make them used to handle everything on a digital platform. SharePoint can help you automate the document management system and transform other enterprises’ processes & activities in the digital environment. This will change the employees’ mindset and working methods.
- Barrier-Free Document Collaboration.
SharePoint helps in eliminating the barriers and supports enterprise-wide collaboration. With the use of SharePoint, organisations stop employees from using different solutions for document collaboration. SharePoint document management system enables organisations to eliminate the boundaries that obstruct the document collaboration flow. It enables coworking capabilities. The organisation can offer a unified repository if it implements a SharePoint DMS. Besides this, the employees can do remote work if the digital transformation is executed flawlessly.
‘The Cloud’ refers to services which can be accessed remotely from anywhere in the world. It’s based completely off-site and accessible via the internet. There isn’t just one ‘Cloud’ though. It’s a general term that is used to apply to software, storage and even servers, which work remotely.
For example, millions of businesses and private users already store their data through a Cloud service. Rather than having to rely on physical disk space, they pay a monthly or annual fee for their data to be backed up online. That means they have much more space at their disposal and can access the data they need from anywhere in the world with a login. It’s not difficult to see how Cloud computing could benefit your business. However, let’s break it down a little further.
Your business could benefit from The Cloud in the following ways:
- You could store all your data off-site, which means there is no longer a need for costly, bulky storage solutions.
- You could access the data you need from anywhere. That’s in the office, working from home, or in meetings. Mobile apps can help with this fluidity.
- You could easily backup all your necessary data off-site. There’s no risk of any physical storage breaking down or being compromised.
- What’s more, you could restore any local data you may have lost in a matter of clicks.
- You could integrate a series of popular programs and resources to work with you and within The Cloud.